Monday, October 25, 2010

Kale Chips

Dear blog world, sorry about the delays in posting. I have a computer that needs love, but no time to bring it in. Plus I know I will have to part with good ol'Lappy for a few days or few weeks and I have horrible separation anxiety. Hopefully I can gather the courage to drop it off and last until I get it back. But onto more important things.... KALE!

I used to hate kale. The mere mention of this four letter word would cause me to make faces of disgust! But alas, I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel and that light is in the form of kale chips. If you know me, you know I'm a fan of roasting everything veg. I make amazing roasted tomatoes and multiple versions of sweet potatoes. Roasted asparagus has become such a staple in my family that it can be found once a week as soon as they show up at the farmer's market. The kale was beyond cheap this week at the market, so I picked some up and gave it another go.

I was in the city all day doing testing (yay for further education!) so I wanted to make something quick and easy to go with my leftovers from yesterday's grilling extravaganza. They take about thirty minutes and need almost no attention. Perfect amount of time to down two glass of good wine to forget about all the testing earlier.

Kale Chips

1 bunch of kale (I had curly, but any kind will do)
1-3 tbls of extra virgin olive oil
1 tbls coarse sea salt
ground black pepper to taste

-Remove stem and rib from kale leaves and chop (or rip if very stressed...) to about 3 inch pieces
-Toss kale, oil, salt, and pepper and put on sheet lined with parchment
-Cook at 300 for about 30 minutes, tossing half way. They will be completely crispy with no soft spots when done

I served this with a fatty dipping sauce

1/2 cup good mayo (I'm in LOVE with the Trader Joe's reduced fat version, it's vegan!)
zest of one lemon
juice of two lemons
spring of fresh thyme
pinch of pink salt
ground pepper to taste

-mix and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...